Write for Us
The Conservative Institute is currently hiring hard-working, ambitious freelance writers. Applicants must work hard and meet early-morning deadlines.
We’re hiring writers who can write high-quality, well-researched content for a very conservative audience. We’re proud of our strong, principled stand for the conservative political tradition.
HOW IT WORKS:
Here are the details for our writers:
- We pick the article topic.
- We write the headline.
- We do the research.
- You write the article with 500 – 2,000 words of original content and commentary to explain the news story in an easy-to-read style.
We pay a starting price-per-article of $20. Articles take our current writers between an hour to two hours to write. Over time, the writing becomes much easier and faster as the writer learns our style, process, and requirements.
Every three months, we renegotiate the price, meaning there are career advancement opportunities as well. We also often pick writers to become team leaders, which can become quite lucrative.
- You MUST explain why you have credibility and why the average person should listen to your thoughts on politics.
- You MUST have a good command of English. If you don’t know how to write well, you shouldn’t be paid to write.
- You MUST follow deadlines and rules. If you’re hard-headed and don’t like following rules or processes, this is absolutely not for you.
- You MUST accept criticism. We will critique everything you write. This is part of our culture of high standards and dedication to excellence.
- You MUST show us an example of conservative writing. Even if you have to write a sample article, don’t apply for this position without some example of your writing. You’ll be ignored if you ignore this requirement.
There are many opportunities here. You can make a steady part-time income or a lucrative full-time income. It all depends on your potential, your work ethic, and your character. This is capitalism in action.
If you’re interested, email us at [email protected] Good luck!
Shaun Connell, Founder