Iran escalated its verbal fusillade against the White House this week, with its president, Hassan Rouhani, even alleging that U.S....Keep reading...
Megyn Kelly finalizes exit deal from NBC
Image Source: Screenshot
A settlement appears to have finally been reached between Megyn Kelly and NBC.
“The parties have resolved their differences, and Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC,” said the network in a statement released on Friday night.
What we know about the agreement:
Various news outlets are reporting that Kelly is expected to receive the remainder of her contract, which although not disclosed is believed to be around $69 million, or a little over $20 million per year. At the time of her firing, she was in the second year of the three year contract. And so, it would be expected that she will receive over $20 million as part of the settlement.
The other major win for Kelly is that, as part of the agreement, there is no non-compete clause. In other words, Kelly is free to work for anyone, NBC competitor or otherwise.
In exchange, NBC got Kelly to sign a nondisclosure agreement. Earlier reports did indicate that Kelly was putting up a fight about this. But, it appears that she finally caved in.
Exactly what Kelly is not allowed to disclose is unclear. But at the very least, it is probably safe to say that she will not be able to give revealing interviews or write revealing books about her time at the network.
This settlement comes a couple months after the incident which led to Kelly’s firing, namely an on-air remark about blackface on Halloween.
With the ensuing backlash, NBC let her go, and she has been off the air ever since. We should not forget, however, that Kelly’s career as “Today” host was already waning; It never really was a good fit for her.
NBC has recently announced that Kelly will be replaced by anchors Craig Melvin, Al Roker, Dylan Dreyer, and Sheinelle Jones.
Kelly seems rejuvenated with the deal and the prospect of a fresh start. As a symbol thereof, she significantly shortened her hair.
“I got it chopped!” she said. “You know, it’s like coming on the new year. New beginnings… a fresh start.”
Where exactly Kelly will end up still remains unclear. But on Friday she told TMZ that she will be back on television in 2019: “You’ll definitely see me back.”
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Add your best email address below to start receiving news alerts.
President Donald Trump has sometimes joked about remaining in office for longer than eight years, but for the commander in...Keep reading...
Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) blamed President Donald Trump for rising tensions with Iran, earning her a stinging rebuke from Republican Rep....Keep reading...
Long-time New York Post columnist Steve Dunleavy was found dead in his home on Long Island on Monday. He was...Keep reading...
The cause of death of a Long Island pizzeria owner who suddenly died in the Dominican Republic earlier this month...Keep reading...
Joe Biden is not a winning horse, according to bookies. President Donald Trump is an even money bet to win...Keep reading...