Report alleges Jeffrey Epstein threatened magazine editor with bullet, decapitated cat

Jeffrey Epstein’s sudden death in prison ahead of his trial on sex trafficking charges has dominated headlines for weeks — and now, a new report has revealed even more disturbing details about the 66-year-old’s past.

After journalists from Vanity Fair threatened to expose the multimillionaire financier for who he really was, Epstein threatened the magazine’s editor in chief by leaving a bullet and a decapitated cat head on his property on two separate occasions, according to a detailed report from NPR.

And the scoop never got out.

Secrets for the keeping

NPR’s report detailed how three major media organizations — Vanity Fair magazine, ABC News, and The New York Times — all fell short in their efforts to expose Epstein for the child-abusing monster he was suspected of being.

In the case of Vanity Fair, editor in chief Graydon Carter had assigned a reporter named Vicky Ward in 2003 to dig into rumors that former President Bill Clinton and other high-profile societal elites were palling around with Epstein.

Ward dutifully pursued the story and even interviewed a pair of sisters, at least one of whom was underage, who claimed to have been sexually abused by Epstein and others in his circles. But that particularly damning information was never published in the Vanity Fair story on Epstein — and NPR may have revealed why.

Prior to the publication of the article, Epstein had reportedly paid Carter a personal visit at the Vanity Fair office, where witnesses allege he berated and even verbally “tortured” Carter in a bid to force the magazine to back off. That personal visit was said to have been followed by a flood of phone calls to Carter’s office pushing the same message.

Bullet on the doorstep

The article that was critical of Epstein was published regardless — albeit without the explosive accounts of underage sex abuse. Carter defended his decision to make those cuts by saying the claims weren’t sourced well enough to cross the “legal threshold” that would protect the magazine from a libel lawsuit.

Nevertheless, Epstein was said to be furious, and Carter reportedly found a single bullet outside the front door of his Manhattan apartment, an ominous threat he believed had been sent by the multimillionaire.

Cat head in the yard

Then, just a few years later, as Epstein was facing trouble in south Florida, Carter sent another Vanity Fair reporter to cover the story — only to receive an even more frightening threat from the convicted pedophile. The severed head of a dead cat was reportedly found in the front yard of Carter’s Connecticut home.

In the end, Vanity Fair covered Epstein’s troubles in Florida, but held back when it came to the parts of the story that involved sexual activity with underage girls.

With Epstein dead and gone, we may never know for sure if the threats on Carter were the alleged sex trafficker’s doing. But one thing is for certain: when it comes to the life and times of Jeffrey Epstein, there’s no telling what we’ll learn next.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook